Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year...........

Ah, the start of a new year! Will it be a great one for you? Only time will tell. While you are finding that out, please enjoy some more talented prose from some of the wonderful people in the Village. I am amazed at how many of the Villagers are excellent writers, poets and musicians. Feel free to send me anything you want posted and I will review it and post it.


Badshad comes up with funny stuff all the time, this is something he said the other day in chat:

When you enter The Village to see what is there, remember your manners and take special care.
Watch out for the trolls, with their mean ugly mugs, and don't be surprised by the *glomps* and the *hugs*


vanilla_dreaming has written some wonderful things too:

Last night changed me forever. It’s hard to put into words what happened to me, but I shall try my best, for only in understanding will you be able to avoid my fate, and the cold, dark emptiness that surrounds my mind. I sat, last night, as I always do, typing away at my keyboard, surfing the net, browsing meaningless web pages to relieve the boredom that envelops my life. I watched as the red lights of the clock flashed at me, different numbers, different patterns each time I looked, yet still ticking, counting down. But to what? I glanced back, unseeing, to the screen, my mind shut off from my body. I knew I should get some sleep, God knows I needed it, but it’s harder than it sounds. For someone like me, at any rate. The numbers ticked on reassuringly, keeping track of seconds, minutes, hours that passed by. 22:32, 22:33, 22:34, 01:84. I did a double take, surely I wasn’t in that much need of sleep?

To read more of vanilla's work check out this site:
http://www.triond.com/users/vanilladreaming

And I would like to welcome VladTheEater as the newest mod to join us in the Village.
Vlad is off to New Zealand for a month on holiday.

OK, everyone enjoy and have fun, that's what it's all about!!!!!

MeMe44

0 comments :