Saturday, November 22, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Yes, the word is Respect. We are not talking about a song that was written and released by Otis Redding in 1965. Or made famous by Aretha Franklin in 1967. And was recently listed as #5 on the Rolling Stone's chart "500 Greatest Songs of all time.

The word Respect means to hold in esteem. Someone mentioned this word to me this week. Which brought me to writing this post. Some of the young people today are not aware of what this word means.

We all need to show respect and appreciation to the Greers for creating this site, to Greg for working hard to see that we have fun games to play, to administration for their efforts to keep things running smoothly. Respect and appreciation go hand in hand.

But this is where I come in into the picture. As a volunteer helping to keep this site wonderful,I think the Mods need a lot of respect. We all work hard to make sure everyone is having fun. I can't count..... how many games I have had to restart, the nasty names I have been called, the phone calls put on hold because I am in the middle of a troll parade. The food that has turned cold also comes into my mind. And I am not complaining by any means. I chose to do this and I love it. The fun I have greatly outweighs the grief. I just want some of our new users to learn the word "respect" and to appreciate what we all have been given. A wonderful site, with wonderful people who care about everyone. So all you regulars out there who know this word, let's teach it to the new users. It will be interesting to see if they can learn.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Wow!! Eloquent in both idea & writing! And cool to learn about the song!
    Makes me admire you mods all the more, I can't believe all the dedication you have to something that is so totally unselfish. THANK YOU SO MUCH (oops caps, sorry).
    I hope I can help the post come true.
    ~qwertyrobot

  2. ProbablyTom said...

    Amen to that, qwerty.

    It's rather frustrating that people in The Village have such a low level of respect for not just mods, but indeed the sane population of the earth. Personally, i fear the mods. I'd advise others to do the same.
    That's not to say that all are so silly online. People like bdog, bjb and the gang of regulars are fantastic people, whom i'd personally reccommend to be mods themselves. They deserve it, and do much work trying to keep our rapidly expanding room as nice to be in as possible, when the mods aren't there to help us. God bless you, guys.

    MeMe44, you're a saint. There's not many people who have the time to put into Kongregate and i'm sure you don't either. but somehow you manage, and i'm rather grateful.
    The saintly-ness also extends to those like vanillia_dreaming and wisby, and the rest of you mods. You guys rock, and as a small, hand-picked bunch you keep kongregate as the number one place to be for online gaming.

    Hopefully we'll see people take
    heed of your message. The Village is expanding at an incredible rate, and I can see why. We have the mod team - and the regulars - to keep it how it should be.
    I love the Village, and can't remember ever visiting anywhere else - i've no need to.

    Many heartfelt thank-yous to all at the Village. there's not many - if any we ever have to get rid of, and usually it's just one determined soul every few days. but MeMe's right, respect must be given. I don't think it should just be the mods who get it though, as i've mentioned before the residential mods-without-badges do moderate, just with words and without the mod status. I can't count the amount of times they've helped us.

    I think i've said about enough!Thanks for everything guys.

    Thatjazzguy.