Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happiness & Sadness..............

Exactly two years ago I was asked if I wanted to be the room owner of The Village. Only having been a mod for a month, I was not sure if I was capable of this job. I said yes and the journey continued. There have been many ups and downs, but I am still here. Some days were harder than others to do the task assigned to me. This week has been one of those difficult times. qwertyrobot once told me I had a way with words.....words don't fail me now! It is with great sadness that I have to report to all of you the passing of a great friend and excellent moderator. Restlessfox is no longer with us playing the games and chatting. His life became too hard for him and he chose to end it. Some of us suffer from depression that is greater than we can handle. Please from the bottom of my heart don't ever get to that point in your life where life is so tough that you can not handle it. Ask for help.....go to a friend or family member. The pain you are going through is no greater than the pain that will be there for your family and friends that you leave behind. As a tribute to foxy we have changed our avatars to his signature fox for the rest of the month. He left behind so many friends, all who want to leave their own special message. We all have our own special memories of fox, I have so many I can not pick out just one single one. So I will just say....foxy I will miss you! MeMe44



djkittn.....restlessfox and I met on Kongregate and hit it off right away, becoming great friends. It wasn't long after that I discovered he had plans to move across the country to my state, Pennsylvania. It's a large state, but I asked him where he'd be moving anyway and was floored to discover that it was a short 10 minute drive from my home! We were so excited at the prospect of hanging out with one another and talked for hours about what we'd do once he had arrived- especially the irony hanging out under one roof to play on Kongregate. After helping him find a house, being there for him when he signed the deed and helping him move in, we continued down the road of friendship together. I know how many friends he made on Kong and I can honestly say that none of you would be disappointed to have met him in real life. He was kind, generous, fun loving and so special. Always smiling, happy, and outgoing, he was truly a source of light. We never parted company without a "glomp" or a "hug" to say goodbye, and he wouldn't have had it any other way. I will miss my dear friend, but I know that wherever he has gone is now a brighter place because of him...and our world is a lot more dim. I love you, fox. -kittn


barinski.....Restless had a huge impact on my life, not only on Kong, but in real life too. He showed me that not only could a person change, but that person could then take what he learned to help others do the same thing. I was nothing nice when he and I first met. But over a short time, he showed me the errors of my ways, and how to be something greater. I will never forget him for that. I just wish i had the chance to thank him in person. Its strange how much you can miss someone you've never actually met, how some words on the screen can change your life. I like to think missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will.
And for those of you out there taking this news hard, I will Quote my favorite author, Dr. Suess:
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.


strawberry777 Restlessfox was an amazing friend, he was always there when I needed someone to lend an ear or to offer a hug.
He and I spent many a night chatting until the sun was beginning to rise, his awesome personality and views on life never ceased to amaze me.
He is one of the few people you meet in life whom you know you will be friends with till life separates you in a manner that you are no longer able to communicate with each other. Now that that seems to have happened I have a void that shall forever be there.I am not going to preach, but I have faith that Restless is looking out for us from above, providing a watchful eye over us as only he could.He is loved by so many, and is missed so very much. I lack the eloquence I wish I had to tell you all just how much he means to not only me, but to all of us who knew him well. Sometimes less is more, right? I leave you with some quotes that sum up how Foxilicous (as I called him)viewed friendship.

"A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more."

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies).

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

Forever you shall be loved and missed Foxeh,

Strawberry777


Bdog2509 Contrary to my usual self, I’ll try not to babble on in a tl;dr fashion. Anyways. I wasn’t the closest friend to Fox, and I didn’t think it would affect me much, as this sort of thing normally wouldn’t, whether the person is a close friend or a stranger, but it has, and has made me think. Of what? I don’t exactly know. But it provokes thought and emotion. I hadn’t known him quite as long or well as most of the others. Only really connecting through talk of Mario, trolls, and an occasional chat and venture through RuneScape. One of those thoughts that comes to mind is that more than just the close friends we know and literally love, whether or not it carries out to real life or just virtually, the connection as a fellow member of Kongregate and your respective and even older rooms is just as strong, if not stronger. (As long as you’re not a level 1 spamming ASCII art, that is.[You know I had to say it.]) I can’t come up with terribly much to say, but I felt I needed to speak on this occasion as well, and say your influence will live on in a lot of our minds and hearts, and my next game of Mario is going out to you.

7 comments :

  1. FOOL said...

    Fox was the one who guided me through my begging on kong. He was my first kong friend, he always helped out when I needed and I returned the favor whenever possible. Without him I would have quit before I was level 5. Im just so glad that he made me a loyal konger, and for that, I will never forget him.

  2. ZippyRN said...

    i'm speechless ,fox was one of the first mods i met on Kong, back at the time he took over the Dumptruck ( and the great renaming saga), i'm short on things to say other than you will be missed fox

  3. Former Kongregator said...

    I think I first met fox in the garden... I remember him as a figure who evoked respect throughout my brief time on Kongregate. He always seemed to see modding as a service and not an end in itself - something to make everyone's experience better. He was generous with his time and energy in all the rooms I ever saw him. Also witty and fun to talk to. Just a regular nice person (if such people are regular... they seem to be on Kongregate/in the Village). I am incredibly saddened to read that he is gone. I know he will be missed by many.

    I also have to echo what MeMe said about sadness. No struggle is so great that there is not help from family or friends. No problem is so gripping that it cannot be evaded. It hurts, but LIFE is the most important thing. There will only be one of you, ever. Each person is a gift to us all in the ways they can be inspirational, in word, deed, and achievement. Fox certainly was.

    Rest in peace. May we all use your memory as inspiration to make our world a better place.

  4. TheKingofPies said...

    Restlessfox - I joined The Village without ever knowing him, but the impact he left on The Village obviously meant he was a part of them. I can't help but feel the same. R.I.P.
    - Anton. xxx

  5. I came to pay respect said...

    Well I never actually knew Restlessfox but I've heard stories of how much of a great person. I believe I met him though. I often hear him described as I do Dr_G_Sto. I'm sorry we never knew each other but if I ever get that chance I'll pursue it. Sleep quiet now friend.

  6. Anonymous said...

    he passed ? :-( he was such a good friend to everyone in the village ! well, all miss you forever !

    :*-(

  7. Anonymous said...

    I'm sorry for your loss of who seems to be one of the greatest people to have lived, if I had met him I feel like I would have loved him, May he rest in peace.
    -SolidSna